Baking Lessons: Marbling
Like I said, the recipe is my Classic Banana Bread but I added cocoa powder to some of the batter. Also, this is an easier method where you don’t need a mixer and also just uses 2 bowls. I wrote the recipe below so that you can see the difference in the methods, but both yield the same great outcome. This just proves that there is more than one way to skin a cat!
I hope you try this–both the recipe and the marbling–and don’t forget to let me know how you go. I promise you, this banana bread recipe is the champion of all banana bread recipes out there, and there won’t be any turning back after you make this. Have fun baking and eating!
Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 1 Hr 15 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr 30 Mins
Marbled Banana Bread
Makes 1 loaf
- Preheat oven to 175C. Grease and line a large loaf pan (9x5x3in or 23x13x8cm) with baking paper. See notes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together wet ingredients and mashed bananas.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients then pour and mix in wet ingredients.
- Take 1 cup of the batter then mix with cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Pour 1/3 of the light batter into the baking pan, then pour 1/2 of the dark batter. Repeat until batters are finished.
- Take a knife and draw a figure 8 4-5 times in the batter. Bake for 75 minutes turning halfway. It's done when toothpick inserted comes out clean.