Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 20 Mins Cook Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 50 Mins
Rich & Gooey Brownies
Makes 18 slices
- Preheat oven to 180C no fan or 160C with fan. Grease & line a 33 x 23 x 5 cm (9 x 13 x 2 in) with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, cocoa and salt together. Set aside. In a large bowl whisk together sugars, butter and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, fully incorporating each time.
- Fold in flour mixture until you only see a few flour streaks. Fold in 2/3 of the chocolate and half the nuts until everything is just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour into prepared pan. Tap on the bench once to spread the batter. Sprinkle the rest of chocolate and nuts on top. Bake on the middle shelf for 28 minutes for super gooey brownies. Check around 25 minutes just in case your oven is too hot and the brownies are done. The brownie should form a shiny crust on top and still feels soft in the centre.
- If you like your brownies more firm and set, add 5 minute increments until a total of 35 minutes baking time only. The brownies will get firmer as they cool down. Cool down completely then cut with a hot, sharp knife into 18 squares. Wipe the knife clean after each stroke for sharp edges.
- If you're feeling a little adventurous like me, drop a few teaspoons of dulce de leche in the batter before putting in the oven then sprinkle with some flake salt when you take it out.