Category: autumn, beef, cream sauce, pasta, winter
Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
- Cook egg pasta according to packet. Run under cold water and toss in a little olive oil. Set aside. Season rump slices.
- Heat oil in a deep wide pan until smoking. Brown beef on all sides, take out of the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook onions and push on the side of the pan. Add another tablespoon of oil and reheat. When oil is hot, cook mushrooms and add thyme. Drain off excess oil then add red wine. Reduce red wine to half then add beef stock. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Add hot english mustard and sour cream, whisk until sauce is smooth and thick. Do not boil, this will cause the sour cream to split. Put the beef back into the pan and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with cooked egg pasta.
- Can use button mushrooms or portobello.
- Can substitute with mash, rice, other pasta, as you wish.
- Make-ahead and freeze by putting in freezer-safe containers. To defrost, thaw thoroughly in the fridge and heat up in a pot.
Leave a Reply