Category: dessert, fruit, gluten-free, make-ahead
Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy
Raspberry Panna Cotta
- Lightly oil, 4 200mL panna cotta moulds or 4 nice dessert cups.
- Blend the raspberries and water until super smooth then push through a fine sieve. You should yield 150mL. Set aside.
- Bloom gelatin in cold water. In a saucepan, bring cream, vanilla and sugar to the boil. Turn off the heat and add 150mL of raspberry puree. Stir until incorporated.
- Squeeze off excess water from gelatin and add to cream mix. Stir until gelatin is dissolved. If you want to make the panna cotta more pink, add a drop of red food gel and stir until it blends together.
- Strain panna cotta using a fine sieve and divide between 4 moulds. Set in the fridge for at least 4 hours or longer if turning out.
- To serve: you can turn out the panna cotta onto a plate by breaking the seal between the panna cotta and the mould by pressing the panna cotta edge lightly with your finger until you create an air pocket. Then turn it over onto a plate. Otherwise, you can serve them in the cups you have set them in.
- Decorate with crushed pistachios and fresh raspberries.