I love muffins, they’re so easy to whip up, they’re terrific on-the-go food, I don’t need to slice and wrap them, clean up after making a batch is a breeze, they’re so delicious, and a great way to increase your daily fruit intake!
It’s the best recipe to try if you’re a new homebaker. And my top 2 tips when you make muffins are:
- Never overmix your batter. Just mix gently until you don’t see anymore flour. This will ensure you’ll have a domed top and your muffins will not sink!
- Sprinkle sugar on top of your muffins. It gives them a crunchy and golden top, and a professional-looking finish.
As a guide, I also made a quick video on how to make these yummy Blueberry muffins. You can watch the video below:
Now with no further delay, here’s my go-to blueberry muffin recipe! The fruit is replaceable by berries, bananas, peaches and even chocolate. Have fun experimenting and let me know how you go after by tagging me on Instagram or Facebook. This recipe makes 5 large muffins (using a 6 cup Texas muffin pan) or 12 small muffins (using a standard 12 cupcake pan).
P.S. The recipes are in metric units but I also included US units for your reference. I’ve tried and tested my recipes using both, as well.
These are the pans I use at home. The one on the left is a jumbo muffin pan and that make cafe-size muffins. The one on the right is a standard 12-cup muffin pan.
Click on the photos to shop for the products. Most products ship internationally.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Line a 6 cup jumbo muffin pan with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients. In a separate bowl mix wet ingredients until smooth. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and stir in wet ingredients just until combined. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Fold in the blueberries into the batter. DO NOT OVER MIX. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Sprinkle the top of each muffin evenly with with a thin layer of raw sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a. cooling rack.
1. If you do not have a jumbo muffin pan, use the normal muffin/cupcake pan. This recipe should make 12 standard muffins and bake in 20-25 minutes.
2. If you don't have raw sugar handy, just use granulated sugar. But do not skip the sugar, this makes the muffin tops crunchy and golden.
3. You can use frozen or fresh blueberries for this recipe.