Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 20 Mins Cook Time: 12 Mins Total Time: 32 Mins
You will need the recipe for Mrs.Fancypants Chunky Chocolate Cookies. You can find the recipe here. The steps are identical up to step 3, then for the S’mores cookies, you will need to stuff the cookies with marshmallows.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream butter & sugar together on high until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, sift together dry ingredients except the marshmallows.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix until incorporated then bring the mixer down to low. Gradually spoon the dry ingredients into the batter, then add the chocolate chunks. Cover the dough and chill for at least 1 hour up to 1 day. (See notes)
- Divide the dough into 12 equal size balls (around 65-70g if you’re using a scale). Roll each portion into a ball then flatten into a disc and place a marshmallow in the centre. Fold edges to seal then roll back into a ball.
- If the cookies feel soft and warm after rolling, chill again for 30 minutes while preheating oven to 170C. Place cookies on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake cookies at 170C for 12 mins. The edges will be light brown and the centre will be soft, pop out of the oven and let cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack and cool down completely in the fridge. (see notes)
- Recipe for Mrs.FP Chunky Chocolate Cookies here.
- Use store-bought marshmallows because homemade marshmallows just dissolve in the heat of the oven.
- One reason for cookies spreading is if you over-cream your cookies. On the video above, you will be able to see the process clearly.
- This dough needs to be chilled otherwise the cookies will spread. You can make these cookies ahead and chill for 1 day. If you leave it in the fridge for more than one day, the cookies will not rise in the oven.
- This recipe is also freezer friendly. To freeze, follow the recipe up to stuffing the cookies with marshmallows then pop the balls on a plate lined with baking paper and freeze for 1 hour. Once the balls are frozen on the outside, they can be placed in freezer bags.
- To bake cookie dough from the freezer, take the dough out and place them on a tray line with baking paper, then preheat oven to 170C. The preheating time allows the cookie dough to thaw a little. When the oven is ready bake the cookies for 14 mins. Then cool as instructed.
- I like to let the cookies cool down and set in the fridge instead of room temperature. It takes less time and the cookies retain their softness in the centre.
Leave a Reply