Raspberry and Lemon Trifle
- Lemon curd:
- Raspberry compote:
- Make the cake and cut it up into small pieces or if you have leftover cake, cut it up into small pieces. Lemond curd:
- Place all ingredients except for butter in a medium bowl on top of a double boiler. Whisk continuously until the lemon curd thickens and coats the back of the spoon. If you have a thermometer, cook to 75C.
- Take off from the double boiler and whisk in the butter one by one. Set aside to cool. Raspberry compote:
- Place all the ingredients in a sauce pan, mix together. Bring to the boil until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool down. Assemble:
- Divide the cake pieces, yogurt or cream, lemon curd and compote into 3. Take 2 heaping tablespoons of the compote and place it in a bowl for later.
- Line the bottom of a small trifle bowl with 1/3 of the cake pieces. Layer 1/3 of compote then 1/3 of the lemon curd and 1/3 of the yogurt/cream. Repeat until you have 3 layers, the yogurt/cream should be on top. Let set in the fridge.
- Before serving, gently toss the fresh raspberries in the reserved raspberry compote and spoon on top of the trifle.
- Here is the recipe for my Lemon Drizzle Cake, just make the cake base in a loaf pan if you're making from scratch.