Yields: 1 Serving Difficulty: Easy
Garlicky Beef Stir-Fry
This is my version of a Filipino dish called Beef Salpicao
- Tenderise the meat by sprinkling bi-carb soda and massaging it evenly. Leave in the fridge for 15-20 minutes then wash off completely with cold water. Drain.
- Mix the roasted garlic and beef with your hands until the garlic is mashed.
- Mix the olive oil, vincotto, worcestershire and chopped thyme in a medium bowl. Then add the beef to the liquid and mix through.
- Melt the butter in a wide saute pan over med-high heat. Pan should fit the beef cubes in one layer.
- When butter starts bubbling, place the beef in, trying not to get too much of the liquid. Reserve liquid. Cover with a lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, open the lid and add the rest of the liquid. Bring to the boil to thicken sauce to desired consistency then turn heat off and serve immediately with steamed rice.
- If you don't have vincotto or vino cotto, you can substitute 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar.
- If you don't have fresh thyme, use 1/2 the amount of dried herbs.
Leave a Reply