Makes 2 cups
- You will need a candy thermometer, a wooden spoon for mixing and a medium rectangular baking pan. Make sure everything you need is ready before starting the recipe.
- Line a medium rectangular baking pan with parchment paper then grease lightly.
- In a small sauce pot stir golden syrup, water and sugar together then put on a medium flame.
- Leave the mixture on medium heat and bring it to the boil then clip on a candy thermometer, cook until candy thermometer registers 150C, about 10 minutes from when you put the sugar on the heat.
- Turn off the heat then sprinkle bi-carb soda and use a wooden spoon incorporate the bi-carb into the mix. This will make your honeycomb bubble. Do not over mix or you will not get aeration on your honeycomb.
- Turn over onto your prepared baking pan and let set for a few hours then you can snap or cut it into small pieces.