Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 15 Mins
This cream cheese frosting is smooth and not overly sweet. I’ve tried other cream cheese brands, but I think Philadelphia gives the best result in respect to the consistency and texture I attain from this recipe without having to adjust measurements. This recipe easily frosts 18-20 cupcakes and is also enough to frost an 8inch cake.
- Make sure all the ingredients are room temperature.
- In your stand mixer, or hand mixer or with a whisk. Mix butter and cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.
- Gradually add icing sugar. Mix until smooth.
- Philadelphia cream cheese gives the best result when making this frosting. Use the block one, not the spreadable version.
- I use plain icing sugar not icing mixture.
- Before using the icing sugar, sift it or blend it in your food processor quickly to get rid of lumps, this gives you a smooth frosting.
- The consistency of this frosting is thick and very easy to pipe. If you need to loosen it, add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time. If you need it thicker, add 1/2 cup of icing sugar gradually, until you get to your desired consistency.
Leave a Reply