Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 50 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr 5 Mins
Burnt Cheesecake à la La Viña
Makes 1 x 23cm springform
Make the famed Basque burnt cheesecake at home!
- Start with room temperature ingredients. Preheat oven to 220C. Line a 9” springform with baking paper, make sure you have an overhang of at least 5cm.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and cream. Add eggs one by one, fully incorporating after each addition. Sift flour into the batter and mix just until the flour is incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 50 minutes. The top should be caramelised but cheesecake should be jiggly.
- Take out of the oven and rest for at least 2 hours at room temperature. Serve warm, consume immediately. (see notes if making ahead)
- If making ahead, take out of the oven and cool down at room temperature for 1 hour then place in the fridge to cool down completely. Take out of the fridge 30 minutes before serving and serve at room temperature.
- I recommend serving this cheesecake warm, if you made this ahead, you can slice into wedges and blast each slice for 15 seconds in the microwave. Serve and consume immediately after.
- You can make this gluten free by substituting the plain flour with 1 tsp corn flour/cornstarch. This prevents a lot of cracking, but I've tried making this with no flour and it still works, you just get a bit of cracking around the rim.